Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Finally

It seems that the troops are supposed to be home by fall 08. I know this is most likely not going to happen. Simply because President Bush is going to veto it. I do not know if the necessary vote to override it are actually there. Which leads me to think do the Dems know this. If so (and I am fairly certain of this) then this is just a show type of thing. The reason I think this is because when I saw the headline for this I thought out of instinct Finally some results. Then I began to think about it. I came to a real conclusion of what this means. Is it all really just a game, the dems got point for pulling them out, Bush administration gets a point for vetoing it, and so forth. What type of feeling I am getting now is that the interest of the American people are a side deal, like going for it on fourth down. The thought of this makes me sad to tell the truth. What is this country coming to. My roommate & I often discuss politics and the state of this nation even though he is a rep, and I am a dem we agree a lot in one thing and that is what the principals of this country are founded on, and that official are Representatives of the people, and that when screw ups happens some one should take responsibility. So now I think that informed people who may have different opinions can find a common ground. This gives me hope that maybe the true American Democratic system will return and save this country from a path it can't be allowed to go down.

11 comments:

Undeniable Liberal said...

Yes it IS a game, but sadly, the stakes that are involved are the lives of our troops. Sad, indeed.

DirkStar said...

cdell, Okay I know you asked for tips on interesting places to visit.

If memory serves me correctly I seem to remember a post around Christmas where you you shared some very cool photos.

I think you already live in one of the most interesting places anyone could hope to visit.

Enemy of the Republic said...

It is disgusting. I hate that fucking Bush. He will veto the bill while his dumb daughters stay home and pollute the earth. Then whoever is unfortunate enough to be President in 2008 gets to clean up this mess or dig us deeper (God help us if McCain wins.) Bush is a mass murderer.

DirkStar said...

Oh no, they are coming home and we're all getting together at your house for a party.


Uh, I think there may be something wrong with my eyes...

Could you maybe come take a look?

The Future Was Yesterday said...

It's a game to everybody: Dems, Repubs, MSM...

Only the folks that have to suffer and die know it's not a game, but they have no voice.....

Unknown said...

If you go to Arlington National Cemetary on any given day, you will see the preparations for two or three funerals. It really brings the plight of our troops to light, and the devastation that brings to so many families and friends.

I hate Bush, and always will, I think. I pray they pull them out before 08, and if not before, actually do bring them home then.

(I had to read the post four times, because I am such a big Al Green fan.)

Mary said...

I like that bit of optimism at the end there. I like to be optimistic. It get harder everyday. I don't believe anything until I see it.
(thanks for the tune)

Anonymous said...

Some good music on this site...

X. Dell said...

I have little doubt that the soldiers will be out by 2008. That's election year. The Republicans got clobbered in last year's midterms because of the war. If they don't pull out the soldiers, they will have a difficult time come next election cycle.

DirkStar said...

By the way, is this a Pay Per Post?

Impressionist said...

Hey longtime bro. Hope everything is fine at ur side.
Sorry i haven been able to comment upon ur entries lately since i dont follow politics :D
btw haven u written any new stories??


peace & Love
JeeVY