Search This Blog

Monday, August 13, 2007

The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street

The Ames Straw Poll was held on the 11th of this month. Now we may see the thinning of the weeds. I have stated before that this 08 Presidential election has no stand out candidates. The election will not get good until we have our final two major party candidates. The process of picking the candidates is also very fun, not as much as the election itself, but a close second. As I suspected Mitt Romney came out on top. I really think he has a chance of getting the Rep nomination, but we know that things can change in a New York minute when it comes to politics. We just have to look at Howard Dean. Things in this election are moving along slowly, but I am sure that with 2008 steadily approaching it will pick up speed. I always looked at the primaries as a time when that party members turn on each other one second they defend each other on the news and next they are at each others throat say why their fellow party members are not better for the job than they are. The atmosphere of politics changes when Presidential elections roll around I swear you can almost smell it in the air. We are guaranteed a new face in the office of the President after this election. So I must remind everyone that this is a very important election. With all that is going on in this country and the world who will fill the Presidency is a very important. Remember register to vote, get informed of the candidates and vote.

7 comments:

X. Dell said...

Sorry, but I'm trying to distance myself from the "horse race" coverage of the pre-primary season. The fact that we're getting all this coverage in 2007, thus fostering more spending on elections beforehand, creates a bigger headache than we already have had, with the candidates more beholden to whoever finances them the most.

pissed off patricia said...

And hope to goodness when you vote, your vote is properly counted.

Machiavelli said...

who do you like among the Democrats?

Anonymous said...

This is Behind Blue Eyes. I'm not signed in because I'm not on my own computer, (I'm at work:()

Yes, who are you rooting for among the Dems. Are you a Rep? I read some of your stuff so I would be surprised if you said you were. I'm like X, waiting for the candidates.

Enemy of the Republic said...

I am not pleased with the current state of election affairs.

DirkStar said...

With sixteen months until the election really begins to get real I'm just watching the early stuff with half an eye.

I think the impending stock market crash is a far more important story.

Dude, keep some cash on hand.

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is stationary a suspect as you did in the decrease publication of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=cool music record edit station 7.4.0.10 ?
I noticed the axiom you procure not used. Or you use the pitch-dark methods of helping of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg