Search This Blog

Friday, August 29, 2008

Dirty

I was on a break at work and I was listening to the radio and the Comedian D.L. Hughley was talking about the Dems. He said that the Dems need to start playing dirty, because the reps use fear and dirty tactics and they win. I hate Dirty campagins, but I had to think about what he was saying. Sen. McCain has been running an almost if not entirely dirty campaign. So I was watching the Democratic National Convention and they could not stop praising Sen. McCain. I can guarentee that you won't hear the at the Republican convention. The reps use fear to manipulate voters. Hughley said everyone uses fear it is how it is why you pay bills on time go to work on time and so on. The Reps are playing a game, McCain just announced that Palin is his runningmate The Governor of Alaska. This is a ploy to anger the Hilary supporters against Obama. It is basically saying that look I am man enough to choose a woman as my VP why isn't Obama. It is all a game to Reps, but what hurts me the most is the idea that the dems with their idealism are naive. Perhaps I am naive. Is it the only way to win, playing dirty. Are we so far gone as a people that we can't believe in hope and honesty. That an administration can treat America with respect. I don't want to believe that. Do you have to sell your soul to do right by this world? If you want to serve this world and the people of it do you have to give your soul to do so, the ultimate sacrafice. If so is it justified to do that? I am really confused by this.

4 comments:

Muhd Imran said...

I have the opinion that all politics are somewhat dirty-playing.

It is tough to stay practical when one is confused by the many tactics and tools used, such as fear.

In the end, the people will have to take the effort to see and choose an honest person to represent them and do the service for the people... try hard not to get swayed by deceptions that are thrown at the masses. It is like a "psychological warfare" that is being used on its citizens.

It is tough, but you have to be honest with yourself to choose the right one.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Politics have been dirty as long as I can remember. The level of "dirty" has just sank below what we would have ever dreamed possible, is all.

Crushed said...

I think the US election campaign has already moved too far away from issues.

On issues, the Democrats can win it.
They shouldn't get drawn into dirty tactics.

It doesn't matter what Obama's religious beliefs are, or what they were.
And it doesn't matter if Sarah Palin's daughter shagged the entirity of her high school.

What DOES matter, is the role the US decides to play in the world and how the Us deals with the widening craqcks in its own society.

And there, Obama can win.

X. Dell said...

They're pounding the table, for they have little else.