Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Audacity

I work at night now 10 P.M. till 7 A.M. so leaving for lunch would really not be in my best interest. So I read the newspaper, and there are a variety of papers who lean to the left and right. When I am at home not much is on during the morning so I watch the news and one thing that I keep seeing in the coverage of the Race is that Senator McCain is constantly using negative and demeaning tones when referring to Senator Obama. He handed out tire gauges to mock Senator Obama saying that good tire pressure increases gas mileage, then he talked about the Senator's views on the war by saying "The Audacity of Hopelessness" mocking the title of Senator Obama's book. I'm not saying that Senator Obama doesn't criticise Senator McCain, but he attacks his stance on the issues. Senator McCain does the same, but he seems to me to be demeaning, and putting the senator down as below him almost like a child. Neither Senator McCain or Senator Obama are children and have earned to be where they are. I just feel that there should be mutual respect among the two candidates. Senator McCain seems spoiled or arrogant to me every time he treat's Senator Obama that way. He acts like he deserves to be president like it is his right and that Senator Obama is a nuisance in his way. Any man who feels it is his right to be president obviously is not a man this country needs or deserves. Senator McCain in my opinion only gives off the feel that because of his time as a POW it is his right to be President like this country owes him. I am more that grateful for the Senator's service to our country and hate that he had to spent that time as a POW, but being President is another form of Service to this country, not a gift. I just feel that senator McCain needs a new approach, but maybe he is doing it just right for the votes he is targeting. Maybe it is just stand offish to me as a Liberal. Senator McCain is a conservative. The Ad comparing Senator Obama to Paris Hilton and Britney Spears was out of line and in bad taste. We only two more months till the election It will most likely only get worse. I just hate negative campaigns. The Audacity of Senator McCain.

10 comments:

Sornie said...

The republican playbook consists on taking one small item (tire pressure) from the greater context, twisting it and making a big joke out of it by making it sound like it was the only thing said. Sadly, too many red-staters buy it.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

The actions you write of have constituted politics as long as I can remember, and I'm 59.

Both parties, if they don't have a message, or the oppositions message is irrefutable, turn to attacking the messenger.

X. Dell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
X. Dell said...

Attorneys have a saying. If the facts are on your side, pound the facts. If the law is on your side, pound the law. If neither is on your side, pound the table.

Translating, if you have good issues, pound the issues. If you have good character, pound the character button. If you have neither, pound your opponent.

Muhd Imran said...

From afar, I somehow sense that Obama is the man for your country.

A fresh perspective and sincere to do his part to make the country better and because of its super-power nature, treat the world with a better policy other than for its own interest.

Politics will always be dirty to me, but Obama brings hope to the people of USA.

Anonymous said...

I hate negative campaigns as well. I think it shows a level of insecurity in one's campaign and ability to win voters.

Thanks for the congrats! I used to work the night shift as a waitress. I HATED it! :)

DirkStar said...

Dude,Obama's negativity is a bit more subtle...

No sooner does he not do well in the evangelical interview with rick Warren than his "camp" accuses the church of providing John McCain with answers.

Obama lets others do his smearing for him...

I don't like it any more than I do McCains direct approach.

I didn't like Obama's stuff about playing the racial card when no one was saying anything about him. He made accusations no one could defend against because there were no instances to prove or disprove.

Clever tactic, but dirty pool just the same.

HE"S A LAWYER!! THINK SLEAZY!! Then listen carefully and you'll see how much of a politician he really is.

He's a lawyer in sheep's clothing.

Anonymous said...

And other variant is?

Anonymous said...

It agree, rather useful idea

Anonymous said...

It is necessary to try all


I can suggest to visit to you a site, with an information large quantity on a theme interesting you. Hot Health