Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

---Untitled---


I thought about naming this post "Super Tuesday", but that was too generic, I thought about naming it "How in the world do you lose Massachusetts", but he came back and won more. So like I said before I am done trying to predict this thing, but McCain is doing a lot better than what I thought he would, he has a good chance of getting the nomination. Clinton & Obama at the beginning of the night I was flipping out. Obama was falling behind, but he came back and actually won more than Clinton. I gotta tell you that My first Presidential election is not looking good, I will not vote for McCain or Clinton, but I also won't not vote. So what choice do I have. I have heard that doing the third party thing is throwing away your vote, but isn't any vote cast worth something? At the sametime if you vote for someone who really has no support or recognition then your vote will not help decide the outcome. I still want Obama to get the democratic nomination. Even if he got the nom, and lost I would at least feel proud that the first Presidential vote I cast was for someone who I actually believed in rather than a lesser of two evils vote. If Obama doesn't get the nom then you are looking forward to a very confused and stressed C-dell. One last thing I have to nag about, how do you lose a state where both Senators, and the Governor endorses you. I mean Obama is my candidate, but how do you lose that. I mean the top people in the state at least on a national level. They got elected, you would think that sway could get you at the least (which this was, basically) the fan base of the people that voted for them. It baffles me to how you can lose that state. I tried to find an analogy for this, and I couldn't I don't know what this is like, but it is okay he came back and won a lot of States. Obama has the bragging right, he won the majority of the the States, but they were not the ones with a lot of delagates. So Obama is behind on the Delagate game, but he can say that more people are behind him. I knew that this was going to get good. :)
Obama-11/22
Clinton-8/22
As of 11:30 PM 02/05/08
Three States left (New Mexico, Alaska, Missouri)

7 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

Obama is my candidate too, and the race is too close to call. The pessimist in me thinks the Clinton machine may do the nasty, but Obama just may pull it off--this may very well be an election where people who normally don't vote or haven't voted yet make the decision. I too am sick of voting for the lesser of two evils--Kerry taught me that I can't do it again, but McCain isn't that bad--what is bad is another Republican administration. We can look forward to more recession, cutbacks on social services--have you ever noticed when our economy bombs, generally a republican is in office. McCain would be more intelligent about the war than Hillary--on that I think she is horrible; sure, both of them wanted it and McCain never veered from that, but Hillary has a lot of hidden backers who want this war and more. If Obama doesn't take it, we are screwed--we choose McCain and get Republicans; we choose Hillary and we will see more war. Obama isn't a savior, but he can bring something to the executive office that I have never felt in my life: hope.

Sornie said...

Obama is the one who can beat McCain and which ever white guy in a suit he partners up with. Obama, while he hasn't begun nailing down specifics of his platform, is more than capable of doing so and making his policies work. He is far from divisive and is willing to talk tot he world. SOmething that has been missing for about 7 years.

Muhd Imran said...

An interesting unpredictable, a whirlwind of an election to date, I think.

DirkStar said...

You probably won't like the Hillary post I did today...

Enemy - Yeah right...

X. Dell said...

Well, it's official now. Obama is the current front-runner, and he's gaining ground in some of the demographic areas that he has to. Should be interesting, especially since he's sparking a lot of excitement in the current election (along with Clinton).

nene said...

You have a great point. I have been voting since 1987 and this is the only election that have gave me the thrill of wanting to know all about the candidate in both parties. This is the only time that I have searched for information about the process of picking a candidate. Keep writing your opinion matters and so will your vote.

Muhd Imran said...

Looks good for Obama so far. Still hope he wins.