Search This Blog

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Surprise

Surprise, Surprise. I had to post on this upset, Huckabee, and Obama won the Iowa caucuses. I will admit that I never thought that Huckabee would win. This win is just one more step in getting the nomination, but it is a big step toward that end. I was a firm believer that Mitt Romney was going to get the nomination, and he still might, but this win in Iowa is a huge step up for Huckabee. Obama won also, it was an intense competition between Edwards, Clinton, & Obama, but Obama came out on top. With his past popularity, appeal to young people, & this win, if he maintains it he has a strong chance of gaining the nomination. Clinton VERY surprisingly came in third out of the top three candidates. This push back is very bad for her. It maybe hard for her to regain her position in the race for the democratic nomination. I am sad to admit that I over looked that fact that Huckabee is a minister. Iowa is a big religious state, but New Hampshire is nowhere near as religious as Iowa. Seeing that New Hampshire is the next stone on the trail toward the nomination. The race is heating up, and getting very interesting. I have said before the REAL race starts when the two major parties announce whom they are going to run for the November election. The pre race for the nomination is not as clear cut as I had thought it was going to be. Huckabee as a minister has a good chance of getting the strong conservative christian vote. I know for a fact as a resident of the Dixie if Huckabee is put up against Clinton, Huckabee will win the south. That is as true as it gets. I don't if a Clinton-Huckabee race is likely. At this point I have thrown out all notions of how this whole thing is going to play out. What I do know is this is a very important election there are no incumbent, this will decide the 2nd president of the century/millennium/decade, plus it will put a new face in charge of The Iraq War as well as bring a new administration. The race is heating up, and I cannot stress the importance of this election.

15 comments:

billie said...

my post meant that iowa is not nearly as big a deal as the msm wants to make you believe- but the bigger point is- no one even looked at any of the 'second tier' candidates. you look at a ron paul- for the gop or dennis kucinich- for the dems- and their message is- restore the constitution and diplomacy; get out of iraq; hold the current criminals accountable; figure out the healthcare tangle, etc.

so- who are people supporting? clinton, obama and edwards. what are they saying? pretty much all the same things- and calling each other names. that's why i said that folks aren't ready for change. you have to dig below the surface and really look at the important issues. there is a satirical cnn spoof made by the onion staff on my sidebar that sums things up for me pretty well. if people must go with the status quo, then i am glad obama won iowa. i just view them as status quo- not much change. if you keep telling people that they need change- they will believe you. it isn't the same thing as actual change and i don't buy the bipartisan bullcrap.

DirkStar said...

Dude, look at the history of Iowa caucuses.

No one who ever wins Iowa comes close to getting elected.

Anonymous said...

I see your pal won in Iowa, you must be pleased.

Enemy of the Republic said...

God, I hope Obama gets the nomination.

Dirk, however, makes a good point.

Robert E. Morgan, Jr. said...

I am so digging this color! It looks good on you. Your lapse in posting has improved your writing skills. I like what I'm seeing and reading. "Keep Your Eyes on the Prize, Oh Lord, Oh Lord...

Pink Icing said...

And the rest of the world look on in facination....

A very Happy New Year to you C Dell and glad you continue to Blog

Muhd Imran said...

I'm an outsider, way, way outside across the globe but I hope Obama wins.

DirkStar said...

I just finished posting about the Iowa cock-us...

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Betmo said it pretty well. We are "trained" to only think in terms of front runners, as determined by....guess who? The MSM and their polls!! The acceptance of that "guidance" lends itself easily to mind control, thus vote control.

Hillary has a high "hate" factor, Obama has a high "inexperienced" factor. For some reason, Fox Noise hates Huckleberry Jesus with a passion.

When the dust settles, and they let us know who they picked, "they" being the MSM, Obama will at most be somebody's VP. The top dog? It doesn't matter. It will be four more years of the SOS.

Anonymous said...

You've got a very valid point about Huckabee and the south.
As a Christian, I must say that I am automatically skeptical about anyone running for public office who so openly flaunts their faith in the public eye. Faith is not to be cheapened into a tool to obtain votes.
(Besides, I generally don't vote for any Rebublicans anyway!)
I was encouraged to see Obama do so well, next to Dennis Kucinich (who doesn't have a chance of winning, I'm sad to say) Obama is my candidate.

Kawana Aminata Oliver said...

Thanks for visiting me and Happy New Year ;-)

DirkStar said...

My next post explains exactly what happened to Obama...

I think You'll like it.

DirkStar said...

What?

No post when the white lady wins?

He-he...

Rent Party said...

OMG I hadn't thought of that but it's true: Huckabee would beat Clinton in the South. Frightening.

Betmo - yes, good points. Unfortunate but true.

HMMMMM.

DirkStar said...

Phase two of my economic program is now in effect...