Search This Blog

Thursday, July 05, 2007

It's Good to be King

Well, surprise surprise President Bush commuted Scotter Libby's sentence. It is not a pardon so he is still guilty. I asume that this is Pres. Bush's attempt to satisfy both sides. This logic makes no sense. I could see if he had served some of his jail time. What if we reversed this logic if you pardoned a man before he went to jail, but he still had to serves his time. Don't get me wrong if the position were reveresed I would love a commuted sentence, but I thought we lived in a country were justice was blind but I guess every now and then she peaks under that blind fold just to make sure it isn't one of the President's buddies. Honestly who didn't see this coming. I am not going to pretend that Pres. Bush is the only President to do this, but that doesn't make it anymore right. What is wrong with the president going over the sentences of the average man and finding one where he evidence was sketchy or where they were obviously innocent,and pardoning them or commuting their sentence. I guess you would need a President more in touch with the people. President Bush's administration seems to be out of his hands I doubt that this decison was completely his. Why, of all people should Scooter Libby get a "get out of jail free card"? This is a complete miscarrige of Justice. I am more than a litte bothered by this. Which is strange since I saw it coming maybe a part of me just hoped for more. So a friend of yours leaks the name of a U.S. undercover agent then lie about it and you can get them off. I guess it is good to be king.

10 comments:

billie said...

email me
betmo@stny.rr.com

Sornie said...

with all the bad press Bush gets for getting his cronies off the hook, you would think he'd try to save face at some point rather than let each and every one of his criminal buddies walk free.

billie said...

at this late date- i don't think he cares.

DirkStar said...

He has not issued the pardon yet...

DirkStar said...

cdell-I do hope you are posting award logos you've actually won.

If you click on the award logos on my site they will generally take you to the post where I was indeed awarded the awards I display.

Were you awarded a Thinkers Blog award?

DirkStar said...

Here is how I handle the image issue.

When the code is hard to find I copy the image to my desk top, then I upload it to my web files and simply link to the file.

If the image is removed from the web or if the blog is removed I still have the award image to display...

Also,use(BR)(BR)only switch ( to < and it will put some space between your awards so they are not stacked on top of each other...

Muhd Imran said...

Guess men with powers really have them after all.

Here, we have a vote between who should deserve a longer sentence... Paris Hilton or Christ Lee, a local TV channel celebrity.

He was sentenced to only 3 weeks for drink-driving and actually injured two men with one man loosing a toe in a hit-and-run incident.

The "power" a celebrity holds. Imaging people with money and enormous powers.

X. Dell said...

My brother-in-law, the Harvard-educated criminal attorney, put it to me this way: "Judges and juries don't try cases. They try defendants."

What he meant was that in all practical senses, justice is never blind about who stands before her.

Enemy of the Republic said...

I missed this post, but commented on others on this topic. Bush is shameless, but we knew that.

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently discussing about technology, and how integrated it has become to our daily lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further advances, the possibility of uploading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about almost every day.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4i[/url] DS SeKu)