Search This Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Year One

My first year of college is over, and it went by faster than I thought it would. I Have really grown in college. I joined some organizations, made good friends, meet great professors who I consider friends, but most importantly I learned so much. Not to dump on High school, but I understand now that Highschool is only a basic education. The most simple of classes in High school, in college require just as much work and attention as any other. My roommate took geography, which I take in the Fall, and the things he told me that they studied we never went over in highschool. My first year in college has reinforced my idea of education. When people are educated then I think that the world would be so much better. When I came home and saw people I hadn't seen in months were doing the samething they were doing when Ieft I just wondered what if they were educated or at least wanted to be.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got through the first year, great job! Now comes the time when I think it's easy to get bored and discouraged, so keep your eye on the prize!

billie said...

c-dell, college is a growth experience- on a social and educational level. it is meeting and mixing with folks who have different perspectives than yours- and you honing your own personality and views on the world. learning isn't just about facts- it is a lifetime experience. education is a tool to use in order to learn how to learn- if that makes sense. people who don't experience new ways of looking at the world are destined to be in a rut and it makes learning more difficult. enjoy your time in college- it is all too brief. congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on completing your first year! My first year of college was rough. It was an uncomfortable adjustment. Glad you made it through well! Take care!

Impressionist said...

Congrats amigo! :)
How've u been doin'!?
Longtime...I hope everything is fine @ urside! :)

peace & love
jeevy

X. Dell said...

Uh-huh. Just wait 'til you get to grad school.

Congratulations for making it through the freshman year. You'd be surprise to learn how many people drop out after their first semester.

Muhd Imran said...

That is a wonderful news. Congratulations to you.

I agree with you and wished I had gone to higher learning myself to benefit what Betmo has said so accurately.

Stay focused and make a difference to the community later in life.

Pink Icing said...

Congratulations! Hang on in there

Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations for you!
I'm going to finish School this year and do the university entrance examination to the college next year... I'm getting crazy...
Didn't you got affraid? Because I am =X
I'm Sam, from Brazil =]
Kisses and success ;D

Chuck said...

Same thing everyone else is saying-

CONGRATULATIONS!

Don't ever give up and when you get to the level you want & finish school- get the career you want. Don't ever find yourself in one you don't like. You have to like what you're doing. I did my 45 years in just about half that many- burned me out badly (and I enjoyed it for the most part).

msliberty said...

Yes, I echo the well wishes of all the others! Way to go!