Search This Blog

Friday, February 16, 2007

Full Circle

One year ago today I started Views of the Silent Majority. I published my first two post that day, Honesty & Incident, and Faith. I started this blog on the counsel of my father. I needed a place where I could discuss meaningful things that have a real impact on the world and humanity. I was not finding that elsewhere, but here was a place that was mine. An open forum of discussion ranging from political commentary to thoughtful insight into the Human condition. I actually got intelligent responses. I want and welcome all opinions. That is why I allow anonymous comment, there is no word verification, nor does any comment need my approval. I want as many comments and I do not want any hindrance on that. I began to branch out and meet other bloggers, I came into contact with many different types of blogs, bloggers and opinions. I also started my "Question of the Day" series, which poses question into the true nature of the human condition. There are four Questions of the Day. I learned things about my blog. which help me make it better everyday. I started the "Rouge Gallery" which consist of blogs that I believes contribute to the not only the blogger community we have, but to the world. The Rouge Gallery now has twenty-two members. I am very proud and fond of every member for their contributions. they contribute in different ways, all unique and all significant.. I have fifty-two post. I hope that I will have many more. This is a special day for me. When I started this blog I was a high-school senior, now I am a College freshman. Many things have happened in my life since 02/16/06. I have grown as a person and hope to continue to. I hope that you all continue to support my blog with comments and links and mentions.

For my own benefit I would much appreciate if you all would tell me your favorite post that I have done. I will tell you my top five, in no specific order, but I ask that you please tell me at least one. Thank you.

  1. Hero or Villain?
  2. Disappointment
  3. Rhyme Time
  4. Symbolism
  5. Lies, D Lies, and Statistics

9 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Happy Birthday, C-Dell, and I hope you're around a long, long time. My favorite post would have to be your first one, even tho I wasn't even around yet. My reason for that choice is, you were one more voice callng for fairness, and a decent world. Had you not made that post, it would be silent, and far too many are, already. Congratulations!!

pissed off patricia said...

Good for you! One whole year and going strong. I know how you feel, last Friday marked one year for Morning Martini. I guess that makes my blog a wee bit older that yours. Remember to respect your elder blogs ;)

As for favorites, your voice in this blog atmosphere is one of my favorites. Keep talking.

won tong said...

HEY C-DELL CAN'T GET THROUGH TO YOUR OTHER BLOG/ SOMETHING ABOUT THE POPUPS WHEN I CLICK ON COMMENTS..

X. Dell said...

Your invitation to name our favorite post here on Views of the Silent Majority led me to comb your archives. Believe it or not, one entry that stuck me was one of your shortest, dated 09/08/06 on your first day of college.

It's something I'll always remember. It's indeed a turning point. I think I'll vote for that one.

Enemy of the Republic said...

I enjoyed your post on Barak because I felt the same. I think your one on empire was also excellent. Actually I have yet to read a bad one, which is why I come. My blog is a mix of what you do and my own personal angst. I wish I could stick to one. I admire you a lot, and your blog is top notch. Have you surfed cyberspace lately? Yours deserves an award.

Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed with your clarity of thought, expression and writing. I would have never guessed that you are that young just by reading your writing. It's very mature, which speaks volumes about you.

Keep up the awesome work!

=)

billie said...

well, i am sure that i can't pick just one- but congrats on your anniversary! i am coming up on a year next month too. this is a compliment- i had no idea that you were a young'in! good for you to use the web as a tool to teach and to learn! may you have many more years of both!!

lost&found said...

thank you for adding me to your list of blogs, it means alot. congradulations on reaching the one year mark!!! sorry i am not able to comment on your best blog to date but i havent had much time to read through your past blogs ... hopefully with some free time i will surely catch up ... you have some good ones that i was able to read over ... i will be back for more ... again thank you for the add to your gallery!

Professor Zero said...

Congratulations! And I like the Fate post - unusual choice, I know, but it is original and what grabs me about it is the writing style - it moves right on ahead, so to speak.