Search This Blog

Friday, November 17, 2006

Symbolism

Malcom X, Ghandi, Martin Luther, Susan B. Anthony, Muhammad, Dr. Martin L. King Jr. all of these people stood for something. They will live forever. Can a person achieve immortality? The above named people attached themselves themselves to an ideal, they are now symbols. Dr. Martin L. King Jr., and Susan B. Anthony stood for equality. Malcom X and and Ghandi stood for Freedom. Martin Luther stood for religious integrity, and Muhammad stood for Spiritalism. I want to attach myself to an ideal and become a symbol. As a man I can be corrupted or Ruined. No matter how strong you are you will always have loved ones, and you will also always be human. Which means that you can be harmed, killed or silenced. As a symbol of an ideal you are always strong, indestructible, and immortal. That is what I want to be. This world is full of dishonesty and injustice. The poor are held down and the rich keep getting richer. I want to fight this. So that possibly I can help make this world a better place. I still have hope for humanity. I would like to be strong for all of humanity, but I don't know how yet. I am still young, but one day hopefully I can stand for equality, democracy, and Justice. Can a man who wants to be a symbol for and Ideal actually become one or must it be inheritly rooted in a man. Am I only wishfully thinking? Maybe I am naive and in realty the world doesn't need a hero, but Maybe it does.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting C-dell. I hope that you achieve just a measure of what you would like to. If so, you will have done what many of us have failed to do.... achieve even a small portion of our dreams.

Anonymous said...

In response.....With all great shows you have to take the good in with the bad. I'm not saying that bet diplays african americans as being saint's, but you have to admit that african americans have made a lot of progress now owning their own buisness. It is true that bet dose play vidoes that don't exactly put african americans in a good light, but they also play arist that have change and made a impact on the community in positive way.

Sister Christian said...

Hmm....Interesting thoughts. I think one can become a symbol, but they can only achieve this without the true intention of become a symbol.
These people are symbols for strongly voicing and pushing their beliefs into the public-to raise awareness.
They were raising awareness for their beliefs and ideals, and not to become something more than the mediator between virtue and the general public.
I think what you're looking for is more self-centered. What THEY were looking for was something beyond themselves.

Anonymous said...

Do you want to attach yourself to an ideal or embody an ideal? To live a life of public purpose with dedication to ideals is commendable. To succeed I imagine that it really comes down to doing the work that needs to be done while maintaining your integrity and making choices that comport with your intention.

Also, thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting. I do hope you visit again soon.

Anonymous said...

Immortality can be achieve is you have made positive contributions to others.

Anonymous said...

Ah! Great to see someone who wants to fight for the poor n the held down in this cruel world full of hatred and jealousy :)
I hope u achieve wat u want to be someday and be an Idol for the upcoming generation :)


Peace & Love
Rajeev.

Anonymous said...

You feel as i do. And dont stop at just being a symbol. Let being a symbol come as a bi-product of your push for the good. I suppose one way to begin might to be just to spread good in every day events untill you perhaps find an avenue towards your highest goals. Hmm, all im saying is quite vague and possibly cliche. I suppose my mind isnt as switched on as id like it to be at the moment, long day. Great blog, keep thinking freely and pushing for the positive of life. -D.