Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2006

Disappointment

One of my closest freind and I were talking one day about the state of music especially rap music. Rap music whether you like it or not was at one point a respectable genre of music, it had substance to it. Rap music was about something, but now it seems what ever song you listen to is about the samething. Then there are the songs that aren't even about something they are just beats, and a hook to go along with a dance. Maybe I am wrong, but I expect more out of my music. I also expect more from the listeners of music. They should want to be treated like they have some sort of intelligence. In the era of "gansta" Rap the rappers were supposedly gansters, but they each had their own experiences to tell they varied some. Tupac didn't rap like snoop, and Jay-z didn't rap like Ice cube. Now when you listen to rap it really all about hoes, getting money, selling rocks, how much money you have now, and club life. There is no difference if you listen to five current rap songs chances are that at the least 4 out of 5 of those songs will contain one to all of those topics. Rap has let me down. It was supposed to be the way black people expressed our hardships, culture, and let the other peoples know how original, thoughtful, and poetic we really can be. There are still good rappers out there if you want to know how rap really is supposed to be listen to Kanye West, Common, The Roots, Talib Kwali, Lupae Fiasco, and Tupac. These people, varied in style, are showing you there lives, and how they see it. Real artist. The majority of mainstream rap has gone commercial, and just really disappointed me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

C-dell, your one up on me. I don't listen to rap, blues yes, love it, rap no. All for the reasons you are stating here today.
I think most music is or has gone "main stream" and there is very little original music out there. I think there is a formula for that week, month, year that they use to sell as much as they can, when the numbers drop they change the formula a little. All music fits into some sort of formula.
That is the way I see it. I used to listen to a lot of music, but now I really don't listen to too much any more.
Take care and good luck in classes.
Tim

Jhonathan Olivares said...

You can see the options I considered below. Better yet, just let someone certified to replace it. Secondly, you must plan for the storage and display of the products you will be selling.