Search This Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Originality

I love movies. I go every chance I get, but as I have gotten more sophisticated in my choice of movies I get let down more and more. I am getting to a point where I dread a sequel. It seems now that all movies in the theaters are sequels remakes or a former TV series. There are also the random books that are popular that become movies. I think this is sad. Where is the originality in America? I liked the first sherk movie and the following ones were decent, but Shrek did not need a sequel at all in was unneccesary. Another movie, The Hangover excellent movie very funny. The Hangover is a one shot thing though. The plot and premise do not lend that movie to a sequel, yet a sequel is in the works. Spider-man, the franchise died the third movie was horrible. That should be the end for at least thirty years, but no there are plans to reboot the spider man francise with a new movie. This movie is a origin story. We just saw that story like 10 years ago. I can go on and on with examples. What is my point? The studio heads are just doing what makes them money. That is the right financial move, but it shows me that they have no respect for the art that they work with. I love movies and when done right they are a form of art. What bothers me is that this is acceptable in America. Our culture is stagnant in the arts. EVERYTHING IS THE SAME! When I think I found a movie I like that is original I find out it is a remake or a book. Where is our creativity? Why do we feel more comfortable with the same. Whenever a movie that is truly new comes out it bombs. No one goes to see it which ensure that the studio heads will not be trying new things anytime soon. Even TV shows are old TV shows from bygone years. I feel I can truly get my feeling out here. What I am trying to say, blunty I guess, is that I am tired of the same thing in the movies I desperatly need new characters and plots and premises. I find that this a bigger problem in the black communitym but that is another post. I just feel that movies are what Americans do good and where are not being original. It reflects our lives. We are overweight, getting dumber, and when asked to fix these problems we get offended. I took a class on Classical and late Antiquity and each time a civilization fell eg. Rome Greece the Arts were the first to go. I am not saying that America is crumbling, but we are supposed to be Americans mediocrity is supposed to be alien to us.

3 comments:

出合い said...

日頃出合いがなくてお困りの方は当サイトをご利用するだけで素敵な出合いが体験できること間違いなし!最高の出合いで最高の恋愛をしてみませんか?

オークション said...

「オークションちゃんねる」は最新家電から高級ブランド、話題のゲーム機まで人気商品が最大99%オフで落札できる欧米で大人気のオークションサイトです!激安アイテムやまさかのレアアイテムなど掘り出し物を探してみてください!

Anonymous said...

日頃出合いがなくてお困りの方は当サイトをご利用するだけで素敵な出合いが体験できること間違いなし!最高の出合いで最高の恋愛をしてみませんか?