Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Big Things

This year i plan on doing big things. I may have my plate a little full. The real problem is this latin class I am taking. I hold three positions on campus. I am Under secretary for UAAM, I am Treasurer for NAACP, I am Liberal Arts Senator for SGA. As an e-Board member of UAAM I can help with the formation of programs one that I plan on starting is to help make people on campus aware of the importance of voting, and politcal awarness. The treasurer wants me to help in a program to help educate people on how to get to college and prepare for the business world. We are also doing a fitness program So I will be given a physical at the beginning of the year and at the end to see how well I progressed. Lastly for UAAM we are doing a can food drive for a domestic abuse shelter in town the women come there with their families and food runs out quickly with upwards of ten families living there. My friends and I actually started the program last year it is called Save-a-Meal. As Senator for SGA I help delagate where money goes for students and help improve the student experience on campus I just started that so I don't know what all I will be doing. The e-Board for NAACP is doing things to help the Jena six situation and overall help the students on campus. All of that on top of work classes and maybe one more things I am not sure about yet.

12 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

I just want you to know I am thinking of you. More later.

billie said...

wow! that is quite a bit- but it all sounds like positive change. it's what we need right now. you are being the change you seek. good on you!

The Future Was Yesterday said...

It sounds as tho you have your plate filled and then some.:)

Try to remember, your #1 purpose for being in college is to give C-Dell the best education he can get. From that education, a lot of good things can flow. Without it, you, and and the people you wish to help, are both screwed. Good Luck!!

X. Dell said...

That's quite a bit. We'll see what kind of condition you're in by the end of the semester.

(Look who's talking.)

Latin's easy, once you get the hang of declinsions and vocabulary. Sursum ad Sumum

Muhd Imran said...

Wow!

That is a lot of food on your plate alright.

Besides the pressure of studies, you can manage your time to enhance someone else' experience in campus too. Very noble and selfless. Awesome dude!

Have a good and restful weekend.

WritingsForLife said...

wow.. you are involved in some serious stuff. Good luck with all the responsibility it brings :)

DirkStar said...

Dude,pace yourself...

Enemy of the Republic said...

The Future Was Yesterday took the words out of my mouth. Please let me know how you are doing.

Anonymous said...

C-dell
Its been a while. I have been extremely busy, but from the sounds of it, you are too.
I am truly glad to see that you are taking on, what appears to be a tough challenge. I am sure you will do fine.
Take care brother
-T

X. Dell said...

Wow, they really got you hoppin' over there.

Muhd Imran said...

Hello Bro,

Hope all is well with your undertakings.

Just surfing by to say hello and take care.

Enemy of the Republic said...

Miss you.