Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Art

So I was involved a conversation with a group of my friends. The conversation was about rappers. they were all say this person was better than that person. I was of the opinion that the genres of rap are too diverse to be comparing the rappers. Isn't this true? I see it that all forms of art are too diverse to always be compared. With rap you can't compare styles, but you can compare lyrics. What would this conversation be like with another form of art? Can you compare Da Vinci with Warhol, Rockwell against Barry McGee? Would you compare H G wells with Shakespeare or Langston Hughes and Emily Dickinson? My point is that all art is unique. I am in the opinion that art should be of quality. I am not saying that you can make any thing put it in a genre and then resist any criticism. all forms of art have a standard Can you compare Hangover and Inception? Maybe, but a more legit question is Date movie against Hangover or Inside Man and Inception. I hope you see what I am getting at. All art needs a standard and comparison, but at the same time art is best compared against it's own form. You can't weigh a power forward against a quarterback or a third baseman. What do you all think? can you compare against the grain? What are some forms of your favorite art ex movies, paintings, music, literature, sports, ect.

2 comments:

Muhd Imran said...

I have no idea how to compare or give artistic merit. All I know is if I had enjoyed that movie, the awe-inspiring special effects, admire that painting, that sculpture or architecture, I wish to view it again or I so enthused to not stop talking about it.

It makes my life that much simpler when I treasure the beauty of that art form.

Unknown said...

Sharon Carson, author of Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man,
copyright 2004,
says celebrity Steve Harvey’s book of the same name is disempowering to women and does disservice to the title.

Sharon Carson reveals her reasons in a new Youtube audio

Audio Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfJLfbYewJk

web site link: www.actlikealadythinklikeaman.com