Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Frozen

I have not been up on the news lately, but what I have noticed is the stand off between Congress and President Bush. Congress wants to pass a bil bringing the troops home, but President Bush has vowed to veto any legistation towards that end. You all know that I am all for bringing the troops home. I know would like to look at this objectively as possible. We have been in Iraq for four years. We seem to be getting nowhere in this war. How much longer will it take to get this in to the mind of this administration we can't stay in Iraq out of pride. Yes this entire situation is embarrassing for our nation, but this is not a game. Innocent lives are being lost daily. I want the troops home because I never believed in this war. President Bush wants more troops as far as I know. I know that a lot of people thought that this war was justified if not noble, but four years should show you other wise. It would be different if we were getting anywhere with this war, we are at a stand still. I think that over all this cannot end well at this point. maybe a year ago we could have saved some of our dignity or reputation. At this point we can forget that. I want the troops home. I have stated in a previous post that we have too many internal problems do try to first stablize a entire region then maintain it in definately. We need to focus on domestic problems. I am not saying we should be isolationist, because we can't. We have a role to in the affairs of the world. All the politics of the world affects the United States. We have a responsibilty to the world. We are not making a difference in the middle east. In fact we are causing more problems.

7 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

This President doesn't view war as you and I do, or any normal person. for him, it's a "right" v "wrong" conflict; read: Religious War.

For those kinds of freaks, it only ends when they die.

X. Dell said...

Interesting observation. I think that the stubborness to cut losses in Iraq, the insistence that the war is either being "won" or "winnable" has led us into a lot of trouble. Hopefully, we're not a nation of five-year-olds that only care about whether or not they come out on top. The adult thing to do is clear. Always has been.

Anonymous said...

I hate to be the bearer of good news, but we are doing much better than what you are lead to believe we are doing.
I hear things like "innocent lives are being lost" and "stubbornness" on the part of the republicans.
If you are concerned about "innocent lives" then you would want us to stay there until the job is done.
Stubbornness is on both sides. Both sides are playing politics with our military lives, and they could careless about that.
In this one case, I am standing up for Bush, he is right. If we leave now, it will be another blood bath in Iraq. One million people died at the hands of Saddam after the first war. Those "rebels" that wanted the United States to stand by our word and help them when they were asked by the first Bush to rise up. Clinton stood by and watched a million people get slaughtered. The UN did nothing, no one reported it, because no one cared. Now you care?
If the dems want us out, then they should cut the funding right now and pass a bill to force our troops out. If not, then they should fund this war, a war that Bush repeatedly said would be unlike anything we have fought and a very long and bitter one.
I could keep going on as I am in a bad mood, as you can tell.
Oh, in case you did not know, I am for this war, but not because of what Bush said, but because Saddam killed 37 American sailor and we did nothing. Remember the USS Stark? I was there and it is something I will never forget.
Have a great day

billie said...

http://blogagainsttheocracy.blogspot.com/

c-dell, i just saved the picture to my desktop and then put it on my sidebar. i then just linked to the site. let me know if you have problems.

c-dell, we can only do so much. we have to prioritize or we will burn out. these folks can be stopped and we can fix our country- but it is a long road ahead. we do have a responsibility to sow the seeds for the future generations to reap the harvest of critical thinking and holding our leaders accountable. we have tough times ahead and no one can predict how they will turn out- but continuing to band together for progressive movements is a step in the right direction.

Enemy of the Republic said...

Your last line is telling. I think that as long as Bush is in office, we are stuck. He doesn't give a damn about this country, and he may even know that his legacy is in the toilet. What I don't get is why McCain is such a dunderhead. We have so many problems here, but only a few administrations have ever made the attempt to deal with them.

Anonymous said...

You've pretty much said it all, and said it well, and I agree!

Jodycuya said...

If light is bounced off of the object instead of passing through, the light microscope becomes a dissecting scope. Fit this nifty little gadget to your iPhone 4 and transform your camera into a mini microscope capable of 60x magnification! Ever wondered what a teeny-weeny dust mite looks like close up? Get a paid app for free every day. He leapt from the bed, red-faced, and began tearing at her clothes, all the while yelling, "You'll do everything I want you to do!" Then he had yanked up his nightshirt and demanded that she perform what Vera later described as an "unnatural act" upon him.