Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Summer of Death

Today I lost someone very special to me. My grandmother left this earth. She is the first person I have ever lost that was close to me. Death has been dancing near me all summer. First it was only people that I knew then death got closer. My Grandmother was a good woman. She treated all people with respect. She loved her family and friends unconditionally. Her family came first what made her babies happy is what made her happy. I can still see my grandmother's smile, hear her voice and laugh. Even now since I am older I sat in my Grandmother's lap. We sat and talked about her life, our family, and things that happened before I was born or when I was little. I will always remember the stories she told me. My grandmother went through a hard time the last part of her life, yet she remained strong for her family. She was a great mother, Grandmother, Great-Grandmother, Aunt, Sister, Wife, and Friend. She lead a full life. You will always be loved. I love you, and miss you .

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I also lost my gramps in June last year. She was very close and dear to me, so I think I can understand where you are coming from...

Anonymous said...

I lost my older brother who died at the age of 42 three years ago September 22. He was and still is missed dearly.
I still think of what might have been and what we have lost. He loved history and he loved the out doors.
Timmahh