Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Adulthood

Last Friday, the 19th, I graduated from high school. I have said this out loud to no one, but the whole thing is surreal. All my life I moved on to the next level without ever actually going anywhere. The next level of my life seemed as if it would never arrive. Now it has come and it makes me think about my responsibility to this world. I have a duty to make the most of myself and in the process change the world for the better. I know that graduating from high school doesn't make me an adult, but I am on my way to being one. Along with this first step to adulthood comes the duty of reshaping the world.

2 comments:

kb said...

Congrats on graduating, C-Dell. I read recently that as many as 76% of people in some areas fail to graduate, so good work! The first step in reshaping the world is continuing on to college. While it isn't absolutely necessary, college opens a lot of doors that you'd otherwise have to struggle to open. It puts you on a -more- level playing field with others. Not quite as level as, say, "Ivy Leaguers," but the credibilty attached to any college degree is substantial. In the case of education, what's good for you is good for us all.

-Peace out, and keep on.

Eric said...

And as a result the minerals that are essential for our body, also gets filtered. If the first one tells you that you need to replace the air conditioning unit, then get a second, third, and possibly a fourth opinion. Ironically, it was the janitor at my office who indirectly introduced me to backpack vacuum cleaners by walking by at just the right moment. Place the coffee filter, coffee grounds Then fill in the filter and Into press the start button. Easy to empty -- the water box is extremely an easy task to remove and also clean - it pulls right out from the front side of the dehumidifier and there is a handle will make it to a sink or even tub with regard to draining.